These things are amazing and super I mean super easy. They are Brad's favorite appetizer to prep and serve. Last weekend we had a party where it was a special request that we bring these.
2 packs of venison cube steak
1.5 to 2 packs of bacon (depends on how big of pack you buy)
1 tub of cream cheese (an 8 oz block will do the tub is just easier to spread)
1 jar of jalapeno strips (rings can be used, that is what is pictured below) Strips get through out the meat better. You can also use fresh if you want to, the jars are much more economical.
Okay so here it the secret formula (other wise know as the receipt or the recipe):
- The first step is super easy lay a piece of venison cube steak out onto a cutting board or a clean cooking surface.
- Spread a layer of cream cheese on the piece of steak.
- Place jalapenos slices or rings onto covered meat. When doing this make sure they are spread so when it is sliced for eating you will get a little bit of pepper in every bite.
- Roll the meat up and wrap in 1 to 2 pieces of bacon and secure with toothpicks.
- Place on charcoal or gas grill until meat is cooked an bacon is crisp.
- Remove from grill and cut into slices and enjoy!